Wow, I have been indulging wayyyy too much on treats and junk food. I don’t know why, I’m just kind of in a funk and really don’t care right now 😦 We’ve been eating out too much and stocking up on cookies mostly. Time to stop! Not really a great way to get ready to start 150 days of unprocessed food 😆
So I cleaned out the cupboards and fridge today, and the plan is to go food shopping and get lots of produce. For lunch I think I’m going to hit up a salad bar, my body is pretty much screaming at me for a huge salad.
Also we have been talking about our next unprocessed challenge. So far we have this:
- We are doing it for 150 days. I am thinking about making the challenge for myself to go all year, but we’ll see.
- As little packaged food as possible. When we do buy packaged stuff it has to be made only of ingredients that would be in our kitchen. We will aim for the 5 ingredients or less rule, but it’s okay if something has more but they are still real ingredients.
- Whole grains most of the time. We aren’t going to be completely anal about it – sometimes you just need a baguette or some regular pasta. As long as there aren’t weird ingredients, no big deal once in a while.
- Very limited eating out. I think birthdays are pretty much going to be the only exceptions, unless we are invited to go out.
- We are going to try and make sure our meat is organic, grass-fed or comes from a farm, I’m thinking about doing the meat co-op again but we need more room in the freezer! Actually we need a small chest freezer.
- We aren’t going to worry so much about organic produce. I feel pretty comfortable with certain things being organic and others not. I feel like any vegetables is better than none, and we can’t afford organic everything.
- I will be going back to the basics and try to make most food from scratch.
That’s about all I can think of right now. I’m looking forward to eating and feeling a lot better!! And hopefully shedding the pounds I’ve gained this month 😉