With goals and stuff.
I have stopped weighing every day, or even doing a weekly weigh-in. I hope to someday move away from weighing at all, I think? I’m not sure. For now I’m just doing it when I really want to. I have started taking pictures and measuring too. Since my goal is more of a recomp thing, I figure that pictures and measurements will help to see progress more than weighing. Last time I weighed I was down a pound in 13 days or something. And my measurements were down half an inch. I keep telling myself I want to go slow, and it is working. Working on my impatient brain is the real trick here. That’s what usually leads me to last chance eating/drinking before I start my next new plan! And then fail again 😆 SO do not want to do that again.
Also, still booze free. I wanted January to be over so badly, and now it is. I can count one month done instead of days, which seems easier because, less counting. I still don’t feel amazingly awesome and like life is perfect, but that may never happen. I am glad I’m not drinking.
I’ve been doing the Train to be Awesome workout, though I missed a couple of days last week due to working too freaking much and zero desire to do more than that! I am back at it this week though. Today I am doing workout #6, only 18 more to go.
I am still off and on with the Spanish. Actually I was doing pretty well logging into Dueling every day until I started working too much. I just need to start logging in again. But where I left off is so confusing! It is past tense stuff and I just don’t get it yet.
No crafting to speak of, well except in the kitchen. I’m always busy doing something in there! But I haven’t been knitting or sewing or anything. I’m thinking about it though, and that’s a step, right?
Posted by Lauren on February 4, 2015
I turned 38 today, this is getting way too close to 40! It’s really weird thinking that I am that old. I don’t feel that old!
We celebrated my birthday last night. I made this really good bolognese, these pepperoni garlic knots, and my daughter made a delicious coconut cake. I don’t think I have ever had coconut cake before last night, but it is definitely a winner!! It was all so yummy.
Pepperoni garlic knots
And that is really all there is to say about that.
I am late on the budget post, but honestly we went way over. Embarrassingly so. I will post it anyway, and try to recover in the next month – it may take that long!!
Posted by Lauren on January 25, 2015
Yesterday was my quit smoking for good anniversary! It’s been 10 years. Go me!
Posted by Lauren on January 13, 2015
We are 10 days into the new year, so I’m checking in with my goals and weighing in. On January 1st I weighed in at 152.2 and 37.5% body fat (yikes). Today I am 150.4 and 36%. So down 1.8 pounds and 1.5% body fat. Not bad! I have truly been eating what I want, and really trying to just eat when I’m hungry. Some days are better than others. I’ve been eating ice cream for dessert almost every day, although today it was 1 1/2 chocolate gluten free cupcakes made by M. Gluten free only because K has given up wheat and she wanted to make something for all of us. They were still very tasty! I made a big pot of chicken breast and white beans mid-week and I’ve eaten those 4 days in a row. Right now I almost don’t even care what I eat, just trying to do mostly balanced meals, though I’m kind of slacking on vegetables. So I am going to try and eat more veg. Need to make another big salad to have at the ready, and just cook a veg or two with dinner no matter what.
One problem I’ve had the last few days is eating too late in the afternoon, making me not really hungry at dinner time. I’ve eaten anyway, something small, but I’d like to not wait so long so that I can be hungry for and enjoy dinner more.
I also exercised yesterday for the first time in weeks! I got on the treadmill in the morning and warmed up with walking for 5 minutes and then alternated running at 5 mph for about 3 minutes with walking for 2 minutes. I finished with 5 minutes of walking for a total of 45 minutes. It felt good. So I will do it more often. As part of listening to my body, I’m just going to do what I feel like. I’m not going to do some set schedule or training program (unless I want to!), just going to do what feels good and not too overwhelming. Hopefully I will avoid burnout that way.
In other goals, I have been doing some knitting but not much else. I need to break out the sewing machine and do something with that. I have projects to finish and some to just share pictures of. I could be doing more, so I’m going to aim for just 10 minutes a day of some kind of crafting.
I haven’t been doing any Spanish lessons 😦 I just need to get going on it. I will get some done today, and try to reach my goal for points every day.
Last but not least, still not drinking. It’s only been 10 days but a couple of them have been really long ones 😆 Not that I’m counting down really, but only 355 more to go.
Posted by Lauren on January 11, 2015
I am going to start working on Sundays so I’ll be having one of my days off on Thursdays. All to myself!! What to do…..
Ricotta blueberry muffins (to be fair M and I made these before she went to school)
Bread – it’s been a while!
Topped off with Boot Camp, dinner – Salmon with bbq glaze, sauteed kale and onions, and roasted potatoes – and a chilly walk with M. Not a bad day at all 😀
Posted by Lauren on October 3, 2013
It’s been a couple of months since I posted. What have I been doing? Well I took quite a few steps back and gained back 10 of the pounds I had lost from my juice fast. It was mostly from too much beer. I’m back on the wagon and trying to get it back off, trying not to beat myself up for it. It happens! My goal is to just not let it keep happening. Someday I’ll be at a good weight for me and I’ll quit the yo-yo cycle, but I guess I’m just not there yet. Oh well.
We’ve been camping, movie watching, having fun with friends, and hanging in there until school is out for the summer (next Tuesday!!). I have actually been knitting a bit lately too! I have things to show you that have been long since finished. As soon as the rain stops I’ll snap some pics and share 🙂
For now I’ll share a song that I recently discovered and think is quite cool. It’s Nightlight by Little Dragon. Enjoy!
Posted by Lauren on May 28, 2013
Since I completely bailed on setting any goals for February, I thought I’d better get a jump on it for March! I did get a lot accomplished in February though, like oh, juice fasting almost the entire month?! I finished some other things that have been on my to-do list for a really long time too. More on that later.
So for March I want to:
- Stick with my eating plan to move back into healthy eating.
- Hopefully lose 5 more pounds.
- Start running again!
- Start lifting weights again!
- Make at least one new recipe each week.
- Rip some knits I have found that just aren’t working for me.
- Read 2 books.
- Get our bedroom cleaned up. There is a catch-all area that has been messy since we moved in!
Do you have any goals for March?
Posted by Lauren on March 2, 2013
Well I have already completed two of my goals for January! I started the Different Lines pattern on the New Year’s Day. It would be a bit farther along if I hadn’t cast on with the wrong color at first. Oops. But now it is going smoothly and even though mine may be a little smaller since I’m getting 6 stitches per inch instead of 5, I think it will still turn out great. I’m using Socks That Rock lightweight in colorways Backstabber and Spinel. I wasn’t sure about the colors together at first, but they are growing on me.
I also made the Roasted Corn Pudding in Acorn Squash recipe. It was pretty good! I roasted some squash for soup while roasting the acorn squash, and when it was done I turned off the oven. So when I put the acorn back in I could not figure out why the pudding wasn’t setting up. I was about to give up when I noticed I hadn’t turned the oven back on!! Duh. Finally, 30 minutes later we had dinner. My squash wasn’t big enough to put all of the pudding in so I just buttered a dish and cooked the rest on the side. I liked it with extra, so I think this would be a great recipe for a squash that has a bigger cavity.
I have decided I want to try at least 1 new recipe per week this month. So far I have already done 2! This morning I saw a friend’s pin for baked oatmeal and it sounded really good. It’s something I’ve been wanting to try since K will need a replacement for his instant oatmeal he’s been having at work. I found this recipe for Apple Cinnamon Baked Oatmeal and decided to try it out. It worked great! I had a little too much oatmeal mixture for my pan though, so I put the extra in another smaller dish. I’m excited about trying other flavors out!
I will probably have another two new recipes made by the end of the week since I’m making whole wheat roti for dinner tonight, and then going to try some asian meatballs tomorrow.
Posted by Lauren on January 4, 2013
I stopped biting my nails/fingers (it’s been a couple of weeks). But more importantly, I got myself these. We loves them! Oh yeah, we saw The Hobbit yesterday too 😉
Merry Christmas! I hope you have a great holiday!
Posted by Lauren on December 24, 2012
So, I made some resolutions this year and since it is pretty much the end of the year I am thinking about how I did and making some more resolutions. From my post in December:
- Lose 52 pounds – yes, unfortunately I have them to lose. A pound a week should not be all that difficult to do.
- Exercise every day possible. Even if it is just some walking on the treadmill.
- Do the 100 days unprocessed challenge, beginning January 1 and ending April 9.
- I am not going to drink alcohol in 2012 – seriously!!
- Save some money every month.
How did I do then?
- So far I’m only about 12 pounds down for the year. This could have been much better had I not screwed around so much, and if I had been willing to actually give up drinking.
- I didn’t exercise every day, but I sure did a lot of working out – until I got hurt. I’m not going to worry too much about this one, I mean, I trained for a marathon! Again though, I did goof off too much so it could have been better.
- I did do the unprocessed challenge! And I didn’t drink anything in that 100 days.
- Epic fail here. Though I did do that 100 days and I was mostly good while training for the marathon.
- I did save a lot of money. Too bad I spent it all on our vacation to Portland!! It was awesome though and totally worth it.
So what is in store for 2013? Here’s what I want to do. Maybe a little more realistic, for me anyway.
- We have talked about doing an Unprocessed Challenge again and this time we are going to do 150 days!! This will probably make the next one a lot easier.
- Lose 20-25 more pounds. This would put me at 125-130, where honestly I would probably be perfectly happy. I got to this weight before and I looked pretty good. If I focus on strength training I could probably look even better at that weight.
- Pay extra on my car every month. I have been doing about $80 extra every payment but I would like to do a little more than that. I will shoot for at least $100 extra on every payment. I am also going to put the money I get back from taxes toward my car.
- Save some money every month. I was putting $300 away every month for the vacation but I don’t know if I can make that work now. I will aim for $200 a month and see how it goes.
- Seriously cut down on the drinking. I am planning to only drink when we are doing something with friends or out of town or camping. Special occasions. I have been drinking too much, letting a fun weekend turn into a hungover week. It’s really not healthy, and isn’t helping my weight loss goals at all (DUH). I don’t think I could realistically commit to not drinking at all either though.
I am pretty proud for not letting myself feel like a failure, even though I didn’t follow through with a lot of what I wanted to do. Things changed and I made the marathon goal – that is a pretty big deal for me for how far I made it into the training. I DID keep some weight off, even though I had lost another 5. But still, not regaining it all is a pretty big deal also. I could have done better sure, but I did try and make some changes, and as long as I keep trying then I will eventually get where I want to be right?
Anyway, I’m looking forward to an even better, healthier year.
Will you be making any resolutions for 2013?
Posted by Lauren on November 29, 2012