Liquid Salsa

Well today is pretty much the end of Day 2 of my juice fast.  It went okay, but not great.  I was very, very hungry!  I usually don’t eat all that much in the morning until after I work out, so I am used to the empty stomach mornings.  I didn’t work out today, wanted to, but it just didn’t happen.  Anyway this morning I was working on getting school going and getting my juice ready for the day, and I didn’t end up drinking until after 10:00.  Normally this wouldn’t be a big deal but today I needed to get something in me!   I think it was hard to recover after that.

My first drink was blended mango, orange, mixed berries, and some spinach.  Not technically juice, but I need to use the mangos and this mix is impossible to strain.  I had about 20 ounces of that and then moved to water.  Only about an hour later I was still starving and decided to have my next juice. This one was like liquid salsa!  Sounds weird but I liked it.  I did tomato, spinach, carrots, cabbage, kale, bell pepper, jalapeno (just half this time!), celery, and cilantro.  I had about a quart.

I didn’t drink another juice until about 4:30, when I got home from work and co-op shopping.  I can’t even remember what it was, but kale and pineapple were the big flavors, and I had another quart.  It was not bad.  It was way overdue though.  I was losing steam and not feeling great.  Very tired, very empty feeling, and just kind of out of it.  After the juice kicked in I started feeling pretty good.  I helped make dinner and decided I probably didn’t need any more juice tonight.  So I’m saving the pint of beet and carrot stuff I made earlier for tomorrow morning.  I did decide to have a teaspoon of Supergreens mixed with water, which was almost pleasant.  Now I’m just relaxing before bed 🙂

So yeah.  Today I was very empty feeling and very hungry!  I don’t think my stomach has ever been this empty.  I was kind of mentally in a fog most of the day but I still got stuff done, amazingly.  I haven’t been having any headaches like yesterday so that’s good.  Maybe this won’t be so bad once my body adjusts.  The first 3 days are supposed to be the hardest, so we’ll see what happens tomorrow.  As I mentioned I did some shopping but it quickly became clear this morning that I am probably going to be doing some kind of shopping daily.  And it is going to get expensive 😆  Especially trying to use organic stuff that is on the Dirty Dozen list.  It would be great to do all organic but unrealistic for me.

I do have to say that having the juicer when doing all of that juice was fantastic.  Once everything was ready, the juicing was quick.  I wouldn’t have wanted to mess with straining all of that in my towels!

Leave a comment

Something to Say?

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: