I volunteered for my Bountiful Basket today. It went well and I even got a little bit of a workout carrying boxes and doing lots of squats I got kale as my extra! We just got a conventional basket this week, still had lots of produce in the fridge from last week. Here is what we got in the basket:
Bananas, pineapple, apples, oranges, blueberries, carrots, green onions, romaine, more kale, asparagus, cucumbers, mini sweet peppers, and anaheim peppers. It was a pretty good amount of stuff.
In the past week I really really tried to not go shopping. We did have to get a few things but not much. I bought:
- The basket of course $16.50
- Carrots 20# I think? from Costco $5.79
- Garlic $.23 – 2 pounds for 99 cents at Rancho!
- Onions $.68 – 6 pounds for 99 cents at Rancho!
- Spinach from Costco $3.89
- Cheese $10.30
- Milk $7.28 – we bought a gallon and a half – I made lots of yogurt.
- Heavy Cream $3.79
- Eggs $5.98
- Pork belly from Caputo’s $18.52
- Corn Starch $2.79
- Chocolates $1.20
- Olives $4.64
- Ancient grains cereal from Costco $6.99
So the total spent this week was $88.48. Not too bad, considering we went to Caputo’s!! We usually walk out of there with at least $50 worth of stuff😆 I really wanted some olives and pork belly though. I will try not to go there until next month just to be safe!
I want to share more of what I’m making this week and possibly even do some planning for the week. I guess I need to to make sure we get all of this stuff used up! I do see a lot of salads in my future…
Have a great weekend!